I am hoping to do a number of things on my blog in coming months. When one is nearing 81 one discovers that time is limited in which to make contributions to life. So I propose to do the following. God willing!
1). “Group Discussion Material.” I hope to turn many of my previous articles into material that can be used for Group Discussion Study material or by individuals for private study. They will contain information on the topic and also questions for discussion in groups or for individuals.
They will have the category name “Group Discussion Material” in the Category section on the right hand side of the blog.
For example there are two in progress at the moment, material on my early blogs on “Forgiveness” beginning with Blog No.001. (GROUP DISCUSSION MATERIAL on “Forgiveness”) see below.
The other is material on the “Lord’s Prayer” beginning at Blog No. 173. (Group Discussion Material on “The Lord’s Prayer.”) see below.
(They have begun but are a work in progress at the moment.)
This is what the categories look like at present on the blogsite.
Categories. (Note too that the SEARCH facility on the right hand side of the blogs just above the category section is great for finding verses, names and topics in all the blogs.)
- BIBLE PASSAGE OUTLINES
- Bible verses. Comments
- GROUP DISCUSSION MATERIAL on “Forgiveness”
- Group Discussion Material on “The Lord’s Prayer”
- INDEX of Blogs
- Mini Reflections
- OUTLINE OF EPHESIANS
- OUTLINE OF GALATIANS
- Questions and Answers
- Real Life Stories
- Sermons and articles on the Gospel of Mark
- Sermons on John’s Gospel
- Spiritual Gems in the New Testament
- STUDIES IN PHILIPPIANS
- Studies in Psalm 139
2). Healing Ministry. Core Teaching. I propose to put on the blog many of the topics which I have taught at various Healing Seminars over many years in Australia, New Zealand and in the USA. In particular I am hoping to download all my teaching at the Core Teaching seminars I have conducted.
- These are in Stages such as Core Teaching Stage 1 and this will be followed later by Core Teaching Stages 2, 3, 4 and 5. They have between 4 to 6 topics in each stage. Together they consider many of the foundational truths which can help people begin and successfully maintain a Healing Ministry. Or they can help individuals understand the basis of praying for those in need.
- Thousands of folk over the years have attended these seminars and have testified that they have been a blessing to them. It is my hope that I can share with interested people what has been a blessing to me as I prepared and delivered them.
- These will be in the Category section on the right hand side under the category “Healing Ministry. Core Teaching Stage 1” etc.
- They will be able to be downloaded anywhere in the world for free and could be printed out from the website and used in Bible Studies, Seminars, as well as for individual study etc.
- Attention could be drawn to the studies by Group Leaders to enable their group members to print out the blogs including questions for themselves. (A great time-saver for all concerned!).
3). Sermons. Topics. From time to time I will try to add some sermons I have preached over the years and share some sermon outlines. I hope to add other topics I have taught, if time permits.
4). Blogsite. At present my blog site is www.holbeck.wordpress.com but this may change in coming months. However typing (jimholbeck blog) into search engines should find them in the future.
- My blogs can be found by typing (jimholbeck blog) into any major search engine.
- My 2 Amazon Kindle books can be found by typing (Amazon Kindle Jim Holbeck) into the search engines.
- My material on You Tube can be found by typing (You Tube Jim Holbeck) into the search engines.
I am trying in all this to focus on the Lord who has done great things for me and for my family. My desire is to see the Lord exalted as people peruse the materials and find Him revealed in them. Instead of putting them in books etc for which payment is necessary, I am trying to make the material available freely throughout the world. In biblical terms, “Freely I have received. Freely I give.” I trust you will do the same with the material you use.
Blessings in His marvellous name!
Blog No.186. Jim Holbeck. Posted on Wednesday 1st June 2016